Monday, May 5, 2008

Back from Jamaica!!!

We actually got back from Sandals Whitehouse late Wednesday night but I haven't had a chance to write. The trip was fantastic! Exactly what we needed. All we did was lay by the pool or on the beach, read our books, had some drinks (virgin for me of course) and ate a WHOLE lot of food. The flight was great. No delays and nice & smooth. The ride to the hotel was, on the other hand, crazy! It was an hour & a half ride to the hotel on this tiny road that is very bumpy and a little scary at times. But once you arrive it's all worth it! The hotel was gorgeous! It's the newest of the Sandals resorts and you can tell. It was just beautiful! Here's the link to the pictures if you're interested.
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8KctWrNuzazM

Thursday our baby furniture was delivered. Of course the guys had a problem getting the armoire up the stairs. I hate my stairs!!! Honestly, whoever designed my house is a moron! My brother-in-law and father-in-law came over on Saturday to try to get it up but they couldn't do it =( So off I went to Babies R Us to pick out the other set we liked. That was a hassle of course and I'm still waiting for the guy to call me back and tell me how we're going to go about doing the exchange. I'm sorry, but am I the first person to EVER exchange furniture??? Because that's what it seems like. No one there knows what the hell they're doing!!!

The nursery is coming along very well! Art's doing a great job on the chair rail and I'm almost finished touching up the stripes. I have to get it done by Saturday because the carpet is being installed. I can't wait for this room to be done and for the furniture to be delivered. I have crap all over the house. I have a crib and armoire sitting in my dining room, a changing table sitting in my bedroom, baby clothes in three bags sitting in my second bedroom and a whole lot of crap that we're storing for the garage sale. My house is an absolute mess!!! Hopefully by the end of this month that all will change.

On a lighter note, we signed LC up for Daycare! Not one of the happiest moments of my life but I have to say I really love it there. I love the people. They're so nice and I know she'll be in good hands. They even gave me a bib that says "Welcome to the family!" After all the money I'll be giving to them they should give me more than a friggin bib!

We got two adorable gifts before we left. Girlee is just something my Mother & I started calling each other. I have no idea why or where it came from it's just something we started saying. So Nana Mary got LC a sweat shirt that says "The Third Girlee!" It's adorable!!!

Aunt Alli & Uncle Anthony also got her a little pink onsie that says "Kiss me I'm Irish!" It's so cute and came in the cutest box ever! And it's pink & brown so it goes with her room! I'm going to keep it and put her little hair stuff in it.

So that's about it. We have a class on Wednesday. It's called Happiest Baby on the Block. It's suppose to be a GREAT class! The nurse who gave us the tour of St. Clare's raved about it as did Art's friend who also delivered at St. Clare's. We shall see!

No comments: