Monday, April 21, 2008

Catching up...

Tuesday Art, Me & my Mom went for a tour of St. Clare's. All I can say is Holy Shit! The maternity ward is so beautiful! I've heard great things about this hospital but it was nice to see it for ourselves and see where we need to go and what exactly what will happen when the time comes (well, not EXACTLY what will happen). They took us to see the labor room, the nursery and the private SUITE we'll be staying in after the baby is born. The suite is amazing. It has a pull out couch for Art (He's staying with me in the hospital), a private bathroom with shower, TV, DVD player, Internet Access. It was like a freaking hotel room! The best part, besides that it's private which means no sharing of the room, is we get to chose when the baby stays with us. If we want we can have her in the room with us all the time. If we want to get a good night sleep before we go home we can chose to keep her until bed time and then send her to the nursery. Oh, and another bonus, every new Mom gets a massage before they are released from the hospital!!! How awesome is that? Overall, we were all very impressed with the hospital. I have to say I got so emotional leaving there. When we were walking the halls some people who were staying there had their doors open so you could see into the rooms. You could see the new baby's and the visitors coming in with flowers and balloons. It just made everything so real. In 4 few short months that will be Art & I with LC and people coming to visit us. Maybe it was just my pregnancy hormones but it really got me teary eyed. Luckily I held them back until after we left the hospital!

The end of last week was a little rough for me. I had my first couple of days of feeling like complete crap! I think I'm doing way too much at home. Art tells me to sit on the couch and relax while he works on the baby's room but I just can't do that. I feel helpless. So Wednesday Art was working late so I started working on the touch upsin the room. Thursday I woke up and my legs and back were killing me. I told Art it felt like my legs couldn't hold up my body. Like there were going to give way at any moment. Then the pain in my lower back...OYE!!! So I had to take it easy for the last few days. Thursday I went home and laid on the couch with the heating pad on my back. Friday I felt much better. But that taught me a lesson! I really have to watch what I'm doing and how much of it I'm doing.

We also went to see another daycare on Thursday and I think this is it! It's in Denville. We were both really impressed with it. It's a Kinder Care but a smaller facility which I really liked. The director was great and we got to meet the teachers in the infant room and both were really nice. There is one more we're going to try to see this week but we'll probably enrolled LC by the end of the week.

I'm feeling pretty good though! I can't be on my feet too long. After walking around Saturday I had to lay down for an hour or so to rest. I have to get it through my thick head that I can't do as much anymore. But I'm eating much better. I even gained 3 pounds back which only puts me down 5 pounds. I have a feeling I'm going to start gaining now. I feel myself getting bigger & bigger.

Nursery updates:
Friday we went to Home Depot for the chair rail and carpet. They're coming in Saturday (the 26th) to measure and give us a quote. When we got home Art put a piece of the chair rail up and it looks GORGEOUS! I just can't believe how one little piece of wood can make such a difference in a room. I can't wait for it all to be done because it's coming together so nicely. Our little girl is going to have such a pretty room! That's about all we did with the baby's room this weekend. Art worked a little on it but we spent a lot of time running around and packing for our trip Friday. Thank God we're going on vacation! We both REALLY need it!

1 comment:

Megan K said...

Wow, your hospital sounds great!!! You sound like you really have everything together from the tour of the hospital, to the classes, to the baby's room, and even daycare . . . I feel so clueless!!

My doctor won't even talk to me about classes until I'm 24 weeks (almost there!!). And I feel like I need a step by step guide as far as everything else goes.

-julieteve