Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Baby Shower!!!

This past Saturday, June 28th, was my Baby Shower. What a wonderful day I had! My Mother put together such a beautiful day. It was at Il Michelangelo's in Boonton. They did a fabulous job and their food is always sooo good. We got so much stuff for the baby! It was overwhelming how generous everyone was. My dining room is overflowing with baby stuff. My girlfriends also outdid themselves! On top of buying her the travel system, her pack-n-play, her high chair and the extra base for the car seat, each one did something special. Auntie Alli got her the most adorable little pink wagon and filled it with lots of goodies. Auntie Brianne made her a diaper cake with tons of wash clothes, bibs and onsies. And Auntie Jill got her the cutest clothes including her beautiful outfit she'll be brought home from the hospital in. They are three amazing ladies and I'm blessed to have them in my life and my daughter will be just as blessed. I love them all so dearly.

I think we will forever be in my Mother's debt though. She threw such a beautiful shower for me. It was just the way I wanted the day to go. I had such a great time and I owe that all to her. She was so happy that day! When I show everyone the pictures from the shower they tell me my Mom has the pregnancy glow too! She is such a wonderful, caring person and she means the world to me! I have a little surprise in store for her. I'm planning a Girlee day on July 19th to Thank her ;o)

Here is the link to some pictures:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8KctWrNuza_8

On another note, we had our 3rd baby class on Monday. They taught us the third breathing method and we got to watch a video on the three stages of labor. Fun!

Today the last piece of furniture is being delivered that Art will have to put together so there will be no question on whether he can get it up the stairs or not! I'm really excited because I want to start organizing where to put her clothes and get her room completely done. I still have to finish her letters. I have three more to paint and then they can be hung up. But my most exciting news is the shelving unit we're getting! I've been struggling with what to put on her walls. Her letters are being hung above her crib. On the wall about the dresser I'm putting three frames. One with my baby picture, one with Art's baby picture and one frame left for her baby picture. But I've been stumped on what to do with the wall above the changing table, which happens to be the biggest wall in the room. Well I was watching an episode of A Baby Story and saw this shelving unit this couple had up in their nursery. I LOVED it! It was one big unit with a bunch of shelf in it (it doesn't sound very pretty but it was). Ever since I saw that piece I wanted one for the nursery. I've looked EVERYWHERE and I can't find anything even close to what I'm looking for. I was getting really bummed UNTIL an idea popped into my head. I could ask Brianne to ask her Mom if she could build it for me. She does all that kind of stuff. So I emailed Brianne with a little "drawing" I did in paint because I had no picture to show her and she said no problem!!!! I'm sooooo excited! So now I just have to give her the measurements and she'll start on my beautiful piece. YAY!!!

So I think pregnancy is catching up to me. I officially have cankles and sausages as fingers. I am so tired and my body feels so worn out by the time I get home from work. It's making it a little hard to get things done around the house which is really bugging me because if you know me you know I like things done yesterday. With all the stuff from the shower in the dining room it's driving me nuts! I just want to get it all organized and put together or put away. I honestly can't wait to go on Maternity Leave. 6 MORE WEEKS =)

No comments: