Tuesday, July 8, 2008

33 week appointment

Today I went for my 33 week appointment. The doctor said the baby is measuring right on schedule and everything looks and sounds great! We got to hear her nice strong heartbeat again which always puts a smile on my face. She's a little concerned with my swollen feet and ankles though. She said I have to start limiting my activity and I should try to stay off my feet. I need to keep my legs elevated more often and make sure I watch my salt intake. But other than that I'm doing great. She asked me two very important questions:

Dr - "Did you pick a pediatrician yet?"
Me - "Yes!"
Dr - "Do you have a car seat?"
Me - "Yes!"
Dr - "Ok, then if the baby decides to come early you're all set. Those are the only two things you need. Everything else you can get later!

LOL!!! We're actually installing the car seats this weekend so we can get them checked by the police department. I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks and then I start going every week....HOLY CRAP!

Last night we had our fourth class. They talked all about c-sections, epidurals and procedures and medications you "may" need during labor. She also taught us how to push! Next week is our last class and I'm really looking forward to it. It's our party! Five couples from her previous classes come back with their baby's and tell us their birth stories. We also graduate & get certificates! I'm not really sure what the certificate will say though. "Arthur & Katie are now ready to have a baby!" LOL!!! But we both really enjoyed these classes. Art was saying he has to make a list to bring to the hospital of all the things we learned. This way he knows what to tell me to do and when to do them. I can't wait to see him in Labor & Delivery!!!

I also have my breast feeding class on Wednesday. This one I go to alone for obvious reasons! I'm also working on getting my hospital bag organized. I promised Art I would at least have a list of things that need to go into the bag. This way if I do go into labor early and he has to go home to pack the bag he'll know exactly what to get. I can't believe we're at this point already! Before you know it my DAUGHTER will be here!!!!!!

No comments: