Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Classes are done!

So we had our last birthing class last night. Two couples from a previous class came back with their baby's to tell their birth story. OH MY GOD these two little girls were just adorable! One was a week early and almost 6 pounds when she was born and the other was 2 weeks early and almost 7 pounds when she was born. It was really interesting to hear the two stories because they were completely different. The one girl waited too long to get the epidural and had to deliver naturally! This is my biggest fear. I'm such a chicken when it comes to pain. I told Art I'm going to wait until I'm at least 5-6 centimeter's dilated to get the epi (my Dr's office will give it to you at any point). I don't want it too early but I don't want to pass a point where I can't get it any more. Like she did, the doctor came in to check her and she was already crowning so there was no time for the epi. But this girl said if she had to do it all over again she'd do it without the epi. She said it was an amazing experience because she could feel the baby the entire time and could actually feel her coming out. BUT she also only had a 5 1/2 pound baby. Knowing my luck Little C will be 9 pounds and I'll have no meds!!! I'll take the epi please! So anyway, that's it, we're done with birthing classes. We have the "Happiest Baby on the Block" class (which is suppose to be fantastic) on Monday, our Baptism class on 8/4 and then we're done with all classes! Art is very excited! I think he's had enough of them all!

I had a little bit of a scare over the weekend. My Mom came over Saturday morning to take me to BRU, Target and then food shopping. It was so hot and muggy out and by the time we got home I started shaking and sweating. I got so dizzy and just had to sit down and eat something. I did WAY to much, especially in the heat. I really need to start listening to my doctors advice and limit my activity. I spent the rest of the day and night on the couch.

Sunday a friend came over to take my Maternity photos! I was so excited to take these pics. Marino even went to get all groomed on Saturday for them! She emailed me a few pics that she put up on her blog. I love them!!! She'll send me the rest at the end of the month. I can't wait to see them all. Here is her blog:

http://aliciagouldphotography.blogspot.com/

I'm going to the doctor a week from today and I'm going to speak to her about my Maternity Leave. I think I'm back to going out on the 8th instead of the 15th. I'm done with working. I'm just so tired by the end of the day. I want to make sure I have some time to relax and take care of myself. I feel OK but I can tell a month from now I'm going to be really worn down. Plus my feet, ankles and fingers are swollen and I can't see them getting any better. So we'll see what the doctor says. Either way, I only have 3 or 4 weeks left of work! WOOOHOOO!!!

Next week is my hubby's birthday! We're suppose to be going up to Mass for the weekend but my Mom doesn't think it's a good idea to be driving 3 hours away at 9 months preggo (which I'll be next week! Can you friggin believe that?!?!?!). I'm going to talk to my Dr about that too at my appointment next week. If she gives me any reason to think there's cause for concern we'll cancel. We're not paying for it (we won it) so it won't matter too much. But it would be nice to get away for a few days and just lay by the pool. We'll see!

Saturday I'm treating my Mom to the spa as a Thank you for throwing me such a beautiful shower! I'm getting a prenatal massage!!! I don't think you understand how excited I am about this! I was going to get one earlier but I wanted to wait until later in my pregnancy. I'm so happy I did!

My little princess has been kicking up a storm! Last week I'm convinced she tried to stick her foot up my throat! I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep and she kicked so hard and so high! Her foot landed on a weird spot so I put my hand on the spot and I could feel her little foot! It was so amazing! Now I'm at the point where I can touch my belly and feel her. I'm not sure what body part I'm feeling but I can still feel her. It's absolutely amazing to me that in just a few short weeks she'll be in my arms and not my belly! Pregnancy is one of the most amazing experiences of my life. These last two months are making me complain a little but I have to say I'm loving every minute of it!

No comments: