Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Baby Girl is in position!!!!

I had my 36 week appointment this morning. My baby girl is in position!!! I had a feeling she was because I felt this big lump on the top of my stomach and I thought it was her butt and back. I guess Art was right, Little C's gonna have a big butt like her Mommy! Anyway, I had my first internal today! This is something every woman should look forward to...LOL! Just the sound of it makes me cringe, internal. Oye! The best part is I get to have one every week until the baby is born! So baby is measuring right on schedule but my cervix is still closed. She said that's pretty normal for 36 weeks. I'm officially up 20 pounds, 4 of those pounds I gained in 1 week! Dr says it's fine. It's from all the swelling and all the water I'm retaining (which has gotten worse in the last week). I told her I had some cramping on Monday night. She said what I thought she'd say, it's my body getting ready for the real thing. She told me some things to look out for that would be signs of labor that may happen in the next couple of days/weeks. I'm getting SOOO excited!

So overall a very good doctor appointment! I go back on Tuesday so we'll see if there's any progress between now and then. Probably not! I have a feeling Little C is VERY comfy in there and has no intentions of coming out any time soon =)

No comments: