Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I passed!!!

Phew!!! I still have the bruises on my arms from them taking my blood so much but at least I don't have to deal with Gestational Diabetes. Now I can continue to eat all the carbs I want!!!

So as I said in the last post, the last piece of her furniture was being delivered. Well guess what...it wouldn't fit up the stairs!! So my father-in-law & brother-in-law came over Saturday and once again, they couldn't fit it up the stairs either! I was sooo upset but didn't want to show it. Art knew how bad I wanted that set up there so he was really pissed & angry that they couldn't do it. I think I was more pissed because I know what a hassle it was to return the first set of furniture to BRU (which we're still fighting with them about) and I didn't want to go through this all over again.

However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. They really knocked up the armoire trying to get it up the stairs. There are scratches all over the sides & front so we were afraid BRU wouldn't even take it back. Sooo, we actually decided to keep it! We have all cherry furniture in our living room and it matches perfectly so we decided to get rid of the small book case we had and we replaced it with the armoire. It looks so nice! And we found a dresser on BRU.com that you have to put together yourself for $250. So we ordered that and Art will just put it together in the baby’s room. No more trying to get furniture up there. So now we’re just waiting for the new dresser (the THIRD dresser) to come and this furniture nightmare will be over!!! I really hate my stairs! Who ever decided to build my stairs with a 90 degree angle is an idiot! If we ever put the extension on that we're talking about putting on the first thing I'm telling them to do is blow out the wall in the living room and extend my stairs straight!!!

Anyway, I had my doctor appointment on Monday. Everything is going great so far. I'm up a total of 7 pounds and measuring right on schedule. We listened to LC's heartbeat and what a strong heartbeat it was!!! Even the doctor said "Wow, listen to that sound. Nice & Strong!" I'm feeling good. I'm getting very achy though. My lower back hurts and at the end of the day I start feeling some pressure. But it's nothing unbearable. I only have to put up with it for a few more weeks.

Monday we had our second class. She started to teach us Lamaze breathing. It's really starting to hit me now that in two months I'm having this baby! I'm so afraid of the whole giving birth process. I think what's scaring me the most is the fear of not knowing what it feels like. I know that I'll be fine and that I can handle it but I'm just freaking out a little. But I'm also getting so anxious and sooo excited! I can't wait for her to finally be here and to hold her in my arms. I think I'm most excited to see Art with his daughter! I just pray everything will go alright and we have a healthy, beautiful baby girl!

No comments: