Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No more rings for me =(

Yesterday was the first day I couldn't wear my wedding rings. I'm so upset! I LOVE my rings! To see them sitting in my jewelry box not being worn is just a sin. But they just aren't comfortable anymore. My fingers get so fat and swollen by the end of the day the fat literally hangs over the rings. Then I have to get out the lotion or the soap to help yank them off my finger. So the claddagh ring that Art gave me for our 6 month dating anniversary is on...LOL! The lady my Mom works with has two sets of fake rings that she's going to let me wear. I hope I like them because I don't feel like going out and buying a fake set!

I had my 1 hour glucose test this morning. I had to drink my "orange" drink at 8 and be at the doctor's office exactly 1 hour later so they could take blood. If I fail the test I have to go back for a 3 hour test. Let's hope I pass!!! Everyone talks about how horrible this damn "orange" drink is but I thought it was fine. If you like orange soda than you'll like the drink. I happen to like it so I was fine. I'll post the results when I hear back.

My next doctor's appointment is on Monday. My Mom is coming with me so she can hear LC's heartbeat. She's so excited! After that appointment I start going every two weeks! It's getting so close =)

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable though. By the time I get home from work I'm so tired, my back hurts and I just feel SOOO big. I told Art the other day I feel like I should have a sling holding up my belly! Like it's going to fall off or something! Strange, I know, but I swear it's hard to hold up sometimes! I can tell these last 12 weeks are going to be a little tough. Especially August. Besides that I feel great! My eating habits are getting a little bad again. Things aren't tasting that tasty anymore (except for ice cream and cake) and dinner is beginning to look less and less appealing. I hope I don't get like I was in my first trimester again. I was reading my pregnancy book and it says by now I should be up 17-25 pounds. I'm up 5!

This weekend is going to be 90 degrees so we'll get to see for the first time how badly the heat will affect me. There's a Seafood Festival in Belmar that we're going to. It'll be interesting to see how long I last. Art says maybe we should rethink going but I want my Lobster damn it!!!!!!! That is something that I'll never get sick of! At least I hope not ;)

No comments: