Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Due Date to me!!!

So today is my due date! I'm officially 40 weeks. I had my 40 week doctor appointment today and it went GREAT!!! I'm just about 3 cm dilated & 50% effaced!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!! My doctor says they're going to schedule an induction but hopefully she'll come on her own since she made so much progress in 1 week. I will get a call today with the date. My blood pressure was a little high today so I have to watch out for that. Oh, and I lost 2 1/2 pounds. Other than that it was a VERY good doctor appointment!

They also signed my disability papers so today is my last day of working from home. Not that it makes that much of a difference LOL!

I started having contractions this morning. At 2 a.m. I woke up for my regular potty break and when I went back to bed I started cramping real bad. They would come and go so I just went back to bed. Then at about 5:30 I got my first real contraction. I always worried that I wouldn't know the difference between braxton hicks contractions and the real thing and everyone told me "You'll just know" and boy were they right! There is definitely NO mistaking real contractions! If what I had is considered mild than I don't even want to know what it's like to go through labor without an epidural!!! Anyway, they continued on but in no sort of time order, 30 minutes apart, 40 minutes apart. It continued like that until about 6:30. Then they came about every 15 minutes apart for a little more than an hour. The whole time I was just laying in bed. I didn't want to wake Art up because he looks so cute and peaceful sleeping. I was just staring at him thinking how our lives were about to change if this was the real thing. The alarm went off at 6:45 and I told him I was having contractions. He smiled and asked if this was it and I said I'm not sure. We'll see what happens. He then went downstairs to do a load of laundry so he can pack his hospital bag when he gets home from work. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! Anyway, like I said, they continued to be about 15 minutes apart for about an hour. Then I got up to take a shower an they stopped. Hopefully they'll start up again and we can get this labor thing started!

For now I'm just sitting at home waiting for them to call me with a date. I'm getting so excited knowing that it's so close. I could possibly have my daughter in my arms by the end of this weekend! I really really hope so!!!

I'll update when I know when we're going in!

No comments: