Monday, March 24, 2008

It's been a while!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in so long! Last week was a little crazy for us. Tuesday I went for my monthly check up. We got to listen to the baby's heartbeat again. It still sounds nice and strong! They also had to take blood for the AFP test. I should get those results in about a week.

Wednesday we had a little scare. I woke up in the morning and something just wasn't right (I'll spare you the gory details). I called my doctor and they told me to come in for testing. Turns out I have a little bacterial infection and they had to put me on antibiotics. They promised me the baby was fine and is in no harm and I got to listen to the heartbeat again which was a huge relief. I can't tell you how scared we were thinking something could be wrong with the baby but thankfully everything is fine. They did have to send away for some tests. If I don't hear anything after two weeks then I'm a-OK!

Thursday & Friday were so hard on my little Marino! The wind was insane! He gets so frightened. Thursday we came home from work to such a site! We have the door to the nursery closed because Art is working on it. Well I guess Marino really wanted to get into that room because he was scratching at the door. He scratched so hard he ripped his nail off and there was a puddle of blood on the carpet. I started crying hysterical and took him down to the vet. He said Marino is fine and sent us on our way. The wind didn't stop all night which kept Marino up all night which kept me up all night. I just can't sleep when he's like that. Friday it was still windy but not as bad so we didn't come home to anything crazy that night. But my poor baby is walking with a little limp. It breaks my heart! But by Sunday he was doing a lot better!

Tomorrow I will be 5 months! I can't believe it! Time is flying by. And it'll probably go even faster because we have an exciting few weeks coming up! April 5th is our first class, Mommy & Baby. Art has to come with me to that one. I'm actually really excited to go! April 14th is another doctor appointment and April 16th is our BIG ultrasound where Little C's sex will be revealed...We Hope! After that we can register, Mom can order the baby shower invites and we can finish painting the nursery! We're also getting our driveway paved and then on the 25th we jet off to Jamaica for a VERY needed vacation!!! I'm sure I don't have to tell you how excited we are =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is alright with you and Little C. Oh, and poor Marino! I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to hear what the sex of the baby is.