Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sharing the news!

There are two people in my life that mean so much to me that I wanted to call them at 7:00 in the morning on Tuesday to share the news. I want them to share in every single moment from beginning to end. Here's the stories of how we told them.

Telling Mom
For those of you who don't know, my Mother & I are very close so I wanted to tell her as soon as possible...like that night! So I asked Art if we could drive over to her house on Tuesday night to share the news with her. You have NO idea how hard it was talking to her in work without screaming I'M PREGNANT! But I held out and I'm glad I did.

I told my Mom that Art & I were going to Chevy's for dinner after work and we would stop by to drop off the scarf she left at the house over the weekend. She said she would just meet us there and we'll all have dinner. Well that wouldn't work because Chevy's isn't exactly the place I wanted to tell my Mother that she was going to be a Grandmother again. So I told her I'd call her when we hit Route 10 and she could meet us there but instead Art & I would just show up at her door.

After work I went to Walmart and picked up a baby frame and a bib that says "I love my Grandma." Inside the frame I wrote "Congratulations Nana! I'll make my appearance around 8/26/08. XOXOXO Little C" and I wrapped the bib around the frame and put it in a bag with the scarf on top.

After I go home to collect my husband, and he makes me take another pregnancy test just to "make sure" we head to my Mom's. When we showed up to her door my Mother looks completely confused. We told her Chevy's had a long wait and we came to the house to see if she wanted to go somewhere else. So we go into the living room and I hand her the bag with her "scarf" in it and I say "Art put a little something extra in there for you!" She pulls out the frame and sees the bib and just starts screaming "Oh My God! You're going to have a baby?" After that there were Congratulations and a lot of hugs and some tears, but not nearly as many as I thought she'd shed. It was a really beautiful moment!

We then went to Chevy's and had a Congratulations dinner. And for the first time in about 7 years Art & my Mom had a beer and I didn't!

I'm really looking forward to sharing this whole experience with my Mother! She has taught me so much in life and I really look up to her in so many ways. I just wish I can be the kind of Mother to my child that she is to me.

Telling Alli & Anthony
Alli is my best friend, my sister. We've shared every important moment in our lives together since fourth grade. I truly am blessed to have a friend like her in my life. Anthony, well he's associated to me by marriage...LOL! Just kidding Ant, I love him almost as much as Alli! I couldn't wait to tell Alli and Anthony that they were going to be an Aunt & Uncle! I debated on waiting until I could do it in person but there was no way I could wait that long so when we got back from dinner I called them. Alli & I BS-ed on the phone for a while, Ant cracked a few jokes about a wicked game of Uno Spin we played and than the conversation when a little like this:
Me "So guess what"
Alli "What"
Me "I'm Pregnant!"
Alli "What! Shut Up! Are you kidding? If you're kidding I'm going to kill you. Are you serious?"
It took a little convincing but she finally believed me! She was super excited and yes, even my strong hearted Alli shed a few tears for us. Then the adorable Anthony got on the phone and Congratulated us as well.

It's very nice to have such great people in your life!

Now we can't wait until Christmas Eve to tell Art's family!!!

No comments: