Friday, September 12, 2008

We did lots this week!

Monday was our first trip out of the house. Makenzie had her first doctor appointment so Art & I got her all bundled up, put her in the car seat and went on our way. Everything went great! Makenzie gained 9 ounces and is back up to her birth weight (she was 6lbs 14oz when we left the hospital). Doctor says she looks good so I guess Art & I are doing something right as parents! Now we won't have to go back until she's 2 months.

Tuesday my Mom and I took her out on her first walk in her carriage. It was really nice to get out of the house, walk a little and get some fresh air. And Makenzie seemed to like it too.

Makenzie is doing great! She is such a good baby. The only time she'll cry is if she's hungry or needs to be changed. Other than that she sleeps, eats & poops! I love it when she's wide awake. She'll just lay there in my arms and look around for an hour. It's the cutest thing. The nights aren't that bad. She'll sleep anywhere between 3-5 hours. I'll feed her and then she'll go right back to bed. She doesn't sleep too long in her bassinet so I'll just pick her up and let her sleep on me. I'm just so happy she's doing so well!

Daddy & I are getting used to having a baby in the house now. It's such a huge adjustment but we're working together to get into a routine. Arthur is so good with Makenzie. He's such a proud father and it's so beautiful to see.

Today I had a my post labor doctor appointment so they can check my incision. The doctor was a little concerned because it's a little red & swollen so she's putting me on antibiotics. If it doesn't start to get better in 3 days I have to go back to the doctor next week. So we'll see what happens. After the doctor we went to visit Daddy at work so he can show her off to all his co-workers. Then we went to Mommy's work to show her off there. It was real nice to get out of the house and see everyone.

Monday my Mom goes back to work. I don't know what I'm going to do without her here. I'm actually a little scared to do this all on my own. I just hope I'll do ok. It's not like I haven't been home alone with the baby, I have. But it's so great having my Mom here to help out. I may just have to have her retire and hire her as a permanent nanny!!!

No comments: