Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's been a while!

Makenzie and I are doing great! The end of last week she started getting real gassy and she looked so uncomfortable. I tried Mylicon drops and they helped a little but she still looked like she was in so much pain when she tried to pass gas. So on Saturday I decided to switch her formula. I was reading reviews of the Enfamil Lipil and a lot of people said it made their child gassy because of the amount of iron in it. So we switched her to Similac and over the last few days you can tell she's been better. She's been sleeping pretty good. She has her longest stretch of sleep at night. She'll take a bottle at about 8 and when she falls asleep she won't wake up until 1 or 2 a.m. After that she's up every 3 hours which isn't bad at all. She isn't sleeping much during the day though. She'll fall asleep on me and when I try to move her to her pack n play, her swing or her bouncy seat she'll either sleep for only 30 minutes or she'll wake up right away so it's been tough trying to get things done around the house with her not sleeping. BUT there is hope! I just got the Moby wrap and it's wonderful. I can carry her around and still have both my hands. What a wonderful invention!!

Art & I are doing good. I must admit the beginning was tough. It took us a while to adjust and get into a routine with the two of us but I think we got a handle on it now. We're going on a date next Saturday! Art says it's important that we have some alone time and not neglect our relationship so Nana is going to watch the baby and he's taking me out! How cute is he?

Sunday my little girl will be a month already! I just can't believe it! I know they say it goes quick but my God that was too fast! She's becoming so alert! When we put her in her swing and put her mobile on with the twinkling lights she looks up at the lights. She's smiling like crazy and she's starting to make little coo noises. She's doing great with her head too. She can hold it up for just a little while. We've been putting her on her tummy time mat so she can practice and get stronger. She looks so much like her father though! I couldn't see it at first but I see it now! It's so funny, she's totally a mini-Arthur...LOL!

Being a Mother is such a wonderful thing! It is one of the most rewarding gifts! I sometimes just sit and stare at her and try to take it all in and it amazes me. I'm amazed that she's my daughter and that I'm a Mother and I'm amazed that my Husband and I created such a perfect little girl. I'm so incredibly happy and in love right now!!!

No comments: